*Vocab Test - Monday 10/29
2. LOTF Read chapter 8
Guiding Questions (not required!)
1. What sequence of events leads to the split into two opposing groups?
2. How does Golding remind the reader that these are boys, not adults?
3. What change do you see in Ralph in this chapter?
4. What decisions are made about the fire? What is Piggy’s role in these decisions?
5. How is Jack’s new position achieved?
6. The killing of the sow is a definitive scene in the novel. What do the actions and feelings of the boys reveal about them?
7. What is the "Lord of the Flies"?
8. Explain Simon’s actions and thoughts here. (Not an easy feat!)
*Be prepared for a discussion on chapters 7 and 8 on Tuesday!